- 14 years of experience working as a Design and User Experience Specialist.
- 9.5 years of experience working on large-scale projects in complex environments in both public and private sector.
- 7 years of experience leading enterprise website development/design projects including User Experience design, User Interface design and Information Architecture.
- 7 years of experience assisting formal and informal usability testing, gathering user research and heuristic analysis and translating research into design decisions in support of enterprise web projects.
AOL Canada, Senior Designer – UX, Marketing
January 2011 – present
Working as a single User Experience designer in a Canadian office of about 100 people (with over 5,000 employees globally). Part of a product development team, which consists of content executives, product managers, content editors and web developers. As the only User Experience Specialist in Canadian office, I am also a part of a global team of about 20 other User Experience designers in AOL offices in U.S. and U.K.
- Leading User Experience design on AOL Canada original projects such as Parentdish Canada.
- Localizing existing global User Experience design templates to work for Canadian-specific content strategy and business needs as seen on AOL Canada Homepage, Huffington Post Canada, Autoblog Canada and Stylelist Canada.
- Presenting User Experience designs to Senior Executives, Product Managers and Managing Editors.
- Creating Information Architecture wireframes and designing visual and functional website templates.
- Working with Sales and Marketing teams to design customized solutions for advertising clients.
- Working directly with Content Editorial teams to improve content display and accessibility on multiple platforms including Search Engine Optimization and Social Media sharing and discovery tools.
- Developing user-scenarios and documenting design requirements.
- Preparing website designs for A/B testing and eye-tracking studies.
Quebecor Media: Canoe.ca, Art Director – UX, Marketing
2007 – January 2011
Worked as an Art Director in Canoe’s Toronto office of about 150 people, inside a production team of 7 User Experience Designers and 8 Web Developers. Collaborated remotely with a larger creative team in Canoe’s Montreal headquarters.
- Lead User Experience design teams in Toronto and Montreal during the 2009-2010 redesign of the Canoe.ca network as well as Sun Media’s Autonet.
- Lead an in-house creative team responsible for both marketing and online publishing projects, including User Experience, Advertising and Corporate Communications.
- Art directed the redesign of the Canoe.ca network, including initial wireframes, detailed information architecture mockups, UX and design templates for: News, Sports, Life, Tech and Showbiz categories.
- Developed creative concepts, designed and produced online advertising and rich-media units.
- Wrote use-cases, scenarios, personas and design documentation.
- Organized user testing and focus group selection.